Points highlighted by the 2016 Zenith Global Ready-To-Drink Tea Report include:
- Asia Pacific has a commanding 72% volume share led by China and Japan, yet the region's consumption per person is less than half that of North America and only slightly higher than Europe.
- North America enjoys the highest consumption per person, recording robust growth fueled by innovation and promotion of the category's health positioning.
- Europe's performance has been mixed, with West Europe witnessing steady growth and East Europe posting a decline, primarily due to reduced consumer purchasing power in some countries and greater price sensitivity.
- Latin America and Africa Middle East achieved the highest growth rates of over 10% a year between 2010 and 2015.
- A technical analysis comparing hot fill and aseptic packaging systems in terms of efficiency, quality and cost.
Zenith forecast that consumption will continue growing by 4.4% a year to reach almost 44 billion liters by 2020.