- Bulk liquid receiving and loading
- Liquid storage and handling
- Secondary ingredient handling: “… any point step, or procedure where dry or liquid secondary ingredients are manipulated by human contact prior to addition into the product stream” such as raw material dispensing, blending operations, including adding materials to the blender or mixer, and the process of creating preblends.
To further inform industry about the rule, the Global Organization for EPA and DHA Omega-3s (GOED), in conjunction with its sister organization, the United Natural Products Alliance (UNPA), has organized a webinar on the topic. The webinar will be presented by Larisa Pavlick, former investigator with FDA and currently VP, global regulatory and compliance, at UNPA.
The webinar takes place Wednesday, June 12, at 9:00am PDT/10:00am MDT/11:00am CDT/12:00am EDT.
Click here for more information and to register.
Takeaways from the webinar include:
- What is required to be compliant with the IA rule?
- What are the responsibilities of the Food Defense Qualified Individual?
- What does a Food Defense Plan include?
- How does my company conduct a vulnerability assessment?
- Options for developing and implementing mitigation strategies
- FDA resources for the Intentional Adulteration Rule