The Natural and Non-prescription Health Products Directorate (NNHPD), the regulatory agency for natural health products in Canada, has approved the following new strong claims for Probio’Stick (Claim NPN 80021343):
- Helps to moderate general feelings of anxiety
- Promotes a healthy mood balance
- Helps to reduce stress-related gastrointestinal complications such as abdominal pain
- Helps to reduce gastrointestinal complications like abdominal pain and nausea in healthy people experiencing mild to moderate stress
- Helps to reduce gastrointestinal discomfort (e.g abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting) in those experiencing mild to moderate stress resulting from life events (e.g academic exams).
- These specific claims come in addition to previously approved claim “Helps to reduce stress-related gastro-intestinal complications like nausea”, and generic probiotic claims (“Probiotic that contributes to a natural healthy gut flora”, and “Probiotic to benefit health and/or to confer a health benefit”.)
Celia Martin, head of regulatory affairs concluded: “Such specific claims are the achievement of great team work. We are confident that they will help us not only in Canada but also in other territories to support our customers position in an expanding and competitive market”.