Additionally, the alliance welcome six new firms that have joined the organization as Associate members: EDCUtah, Global Supplier Verification, Natural Products Research Consultants, Plantaphile, Smidt Labs and RDH Mahoney Consultants.
“The growing UNPA Science & Technology Services and Associate membership has enhanced our strong member base, providing diversified perspectives in our rapidly evolving industry,” said Loren Israelsen, UNPA president. “We eagerly anticipate the contribution of these innovative companies to the organization, and we warmly welcome their expertise and insights for our members and the broader industry as we work to maintain and grow the trust of our dietary supplement consumer base, with products of the highest value and superior quality.”
Wasatch Scientific Services LLC joins UNPA as a Science & Technology Services member. Founded by a group of pharmacologists, Wasatch is a life-science contract-research company in Salt Lake City. The company specializes in the scientific aspects of natural products and offers the following services: existing product validation, new product development and providing new products for license through continual development of novel and cutting-edge natural products that are supported by scientific-based marketing material. In many cases, the new products can be patented, providing exclusivity to the licensee. For more information, visit www.wasatchscientific.com.
Part of an expanding list of respected consultancies and service companies that complement UNPA’s Executive and Science & Technology Services members, the six new Associate members represent various elements of the natural products industry value chain, ranging from a non-profit economic development organization to supply chain management and R&D consultants and global strategic supplement advisors.
The new Associate members include:
- EDCUtah is a private, non-profit organization designed to foster development of quality job growth and increased capital investment in Utah. It assists in-state companies to grow and recruits out-of-state companies to expand and relocate in the state. Jeff Edwards is president and CEO. For more information: www.edcutah.org/
- Global Supplier Verification provides an online secure platform for customers and suppliers, allowing complete visibility of registered suppliers and due-diligence documentation in one place to assist with regulatory compliance and third-party audits for supplier verification. The company is led by global food safety and quality authority Greg Sommerville. For more information: www.globalsupplierverification.com
- Natural Products Research Consultants (NPRC), founded by industry veteran Donald Brown, N.D., offers a variety of consulting services designed to assist companies in the natural products and pharmaceuticals industries. From development and research of new dietary supplements to regulatory services, NPRC has raised the bar for evidence-based products around the world. For more information: www.nprcdb.com
- Plantaphile is a U.S.-, Germany- and U.K.-based consulting firm focusing on all aspects of herbal product development, registration and licensing. Led by industry veteran and author Thomas Brendler, the firm brings extensive experience in ethnobotany and use of plants in medicine, food and cosmetics. For more information: www.plantaphile.com
- Smidt Labs LLC, based in Sandy, Utah, provides R&D-related consulting services to the dietary supplement industry. Services include new product innovation and development, product strategy, research collaborations and the management of R&D organizational growth or change. Smidt Labs is owned by Carsten Smidt, Ph.D., an experienced veteran in the dietary supplement industry. For more information: www.smidtlabs.com
- RDH Mahony Consulting is a Lehi, Utah-based consultancy to the vitamin and supplement industry, founded by industry veteran and former CEO of Nature’s Way, Rory Mahony. The firm specializes in strategy, integration and national and international commerce.