P.O. Box 689, Clovis, CA 93613
559.287.7191 mobile │ Info@NutraInk.com
CREATIVE MANAGEMENT │ VICE PRESIDENT │ DIRECTOR
Strategic Brand Marketing │ Public Relations │ Special Projects
Communications executive with over 30 years of leadership experience in the dietary supplement and food industries creating brand strategies, PR and promotion.
- Created a brand marketing campaign that significantly boosted client sales and funded annual company operating budget for 5 years.
- Jumpstarted a global company in the U.S. by branding 8 commodity ingredients that produced gross revenues of $17 million and surpassed annual and long-term projections.
- Positioned a company for a successful $100 million sale by creating national B2C public relations campaigns resulting in impressive portfolio of broadcast and print media coverage.
- Developed brand strategies for an international nutrition company which captured the imagination of consumers and garnered trade attention resulting in revenue increase from $1.5 million to $20 million in 10-month period.
- Launched an in-house public relations department surpassing outside agency’s placement and revenue goals in less than 12 months.
Team Leader Competencies
- Product Branding
- Strategic Planning
- Product Launches
- New Media Platforms
- Consumer and Trade
- Media Training
- Crisis Communications
- Social Media
- Website Creation
- Infrastructure Development
- SEO Expansion
- Digital Marketing
- Collateral Writing
- Agency Management
Life Extension, Fort Lauderdale, FL 2011-2020
U.S. supplement industry trailblazer dedicated to finding new scientific methods to enhance and expand the healthy human life span.
Director of Public Relations
- Managed marketing of health and nutrition books including celebrity endorsement and publisher negotiations.
- Produced health talk radio shows on terrestrial and online media for staff doctor.
- Directed expansion of in-house video/broadcast studio to produce quality online videos and radio broadcasts.
- Developed staff doctor media training program for national and regional television lifestyle show appearances.
- Established media outreach program that increased earned media placement by more than 100%.
Baker Dillon Group LLC, Clovis, CA 1995-2011
A concierge marketing firm specializing in corporate and product branding, print, broadcast and Internet advertising and public relations, new product launches and trade show promotion for the natural products industry.
Brand Executive Director/Partner
- Directed agency business operations and development, while overseeing client acquisition that led to revenue growth and profitability within 28% for 12 consecutive years.
- Provided client marketing leadership and direction for senior executives, to generate corporate and product awareness that created new business opportunities and revenue streams.
- Managed agency’s award-winning vendor relations team, including advertising, graphic design, video development, celebrity relations and market research specialists.
InterHealth Company, Concord, CA 1992-1995
Recognized branded dietary supplement ingredients manufacturer.
Director of Marketing Communications
Sheldon C. Baker
559.287.7191 mobile │ Info@NutraInk.com
- Created the company marketing communications department; introduced professional approach to ingredient brand positioning in trade and consumer markets.
- Pioneered industry multimedia brand marketing campaigns utilizing broadcast video publicity, celebrity product endorsement, ongoing TV and radio media placement and trade show celebrity events that garnered more than 50 million consumer impressions for the flagship product.
- Developed CitriMax® brand creation and marketing strategies increasing corporate revenues from $1.5 million to $20 million in 12 months.
Sheldon Baker Marketing Communications
San Francisco, CA 1986-1992
Boutique agency specializing in corporate public relations, publicity and promotion.
- Created award-winning publicity for real estate, financial, consumer, educational, food, sports and retail clients responsible for client relations, account management, budgeting, employee staffing and training.
- Developed corporate marketing strategies and directed simultaneous launch promotion of two new client specialty food retail stores in Chicago surpassing initial sales goals by 13%.
- Conceived and directed client holiday season publicity campaign leading to $85 million sale of two multiple real estate properties.
Special Media Achievements
- Health E-Insights/Area Code 420 Nutraceuticals World, Writer and Editor (current)
- Healthy Talk on RadioMD.com, producer
- LiveForeverish, podcast Producer (current)
- Market Tonic, NaturalProductsInsider.com, Blog Writer
- San Francisco Examiner, Bay Area Health Writer
- Baker: In the City/CentralValleyTalk.com, Producer and Host
- Fresno Advertising Federation (Kyowa Hakko, TSI and BDG) ‒ 3 ADDY Awards
- Peninsula Press Club Awards (InterHealth) ‒ 2 Awards
- Peninsula Press Club Awards (Coakley Heagerty) ‒ 2 Awards
- SF Bay Area Publicity Club Awards (Pacific Union Co., InterHealth) ‒ 12 Awards
- Los Angeles Business Marketing Association Award of Merit (InterHealth) – 1 Award
- Consultants Association for the Natural Products Industry – President; Board of Directors, 1996-Present
- ImagineU Board of Directors – 2017 to Present
- Columbia College, Chicago; Bachelor of Arts, Communications