“Consumer preferences are constantly changing the food and beverage marketplace,” said Ana Ferrell, vice president, marketing, North America, ADM. “From the rise of meat and dairy alternatives to increasing focus on sugar reduction and demand for clean and clear labels, it can be hard for developers to keep up. ADM is ready to support developers with on-trend solutions designed to help solve for these challenges, and anticipate those that are coming.”
Attendees were invited to taste an array of on-trend products covering health and wellness, plant-based proteins, gluten-free, low or no sugar, flavor and clean label. A few highlights included:
- Shawarma Bite: This vegan twist on a Middle-Eastern classic was served atop a roasted red pepper and mint bean spread, and finished with creamy roasted garlic and fresh lemon cashew sauce.
- Frozen Dessert: This smooth and creamy, non-dairy frozen treat was cooled with liquid nitrogen and features notes of coffee, caramel, and is customizable with a range of ADM nuts, fruits, and textured pieces.
- Banana Bread Bite for Brain Health: Delicious, nutritious and convenient, this product had the rich flavors of banana bread with added functional ingredients of DHA, fiber, protein, and healthy fats.
- Kombucha Bite for Gut Health: This clean-label bar was packed with protein, fiber, fruit and kombucha flavor. It boosts energy and supports gut health.
- Savory Nutrition Bite: This savory pressed bar was packed with fruit, vegetables, ancient grains, chickpeas, and fiber.
- Gluten-free Cookie for Gut Health: Packed with probiotics and fiber, this sweet, gluten-free treat also featured Rodelle vanilla and ADM’s Colors from Nature.
- Big Easy Energy Boost Tea: This New Orleans-inspired layered berry drink was packed with B vitamins and green tea, natural colors, and flavors, to boost energy and focus.
- Vanilla Mint Lemonade: This delicious and refreshing vanilla mint lemonade featured ADM’s A.M. Todd mint, Rodelle vanilla, and citrus flavors.
- Sugar-free Sweet Tea: This zero-calorie product featured SweetRight Edge stevia to provide just the right sweetness with no calories.