In addition, Bangalore, India-based Natural Remedies had over 85 signature botanical extracts that were verified as Non-GMO. Verified Non-GMO Project products have gone through a rigorous process to ensure they meet consensus-based standards. The Non-GMO Project verification process requires:
- Ongoing testing of all major at-risk ingredients—any ingredient being grown commercially in GMO form must be tested prior to use in a verified product.
- An action threshold of 0.9%. This is in alignment with laws in the European Union, where any product containing more than 0.9% GMOs must be labeled. Absence of all GMOs is the target for all Non-GMO Project Standard compliant products. Continuous improvement practices toward achieving this goal must be part of the participant’s quality management systems.
- After at-risk testing is complete, companies are required to implement rigorous traceability and segregation practices to ensure ingredient integrity through to the finished product.
- For low-risk ingredients, a thorough review of ingredient specification sheets is conducted to determine the absence of GMO risk.
- Verification is maintained through an annual audit, along with on-site inspections for high-risk products.
The five Natural Remedies branded ingredients include:
- BacoMind, a patented, clinically tested memory and cognition-enhancing standardized phytochemical composition containing a full-spectrum extract with 9 different bio-actives derived from Bacopa monnieri. BacoMind and is the first brand of bacopa extract to receive GRAS.
- Turmacin is the first clinically tested naturally bioavailable composition derived from Turmeric completely untouched by solvents used for the management of joint and cartilage health. Turmacin is standardized to contain bioactive polysaccharides Turmerosaccharides and does not contain curcuminoids.
- Gutgard is a clinically researched, flavonoid-rich bioactive for gut health prepared from Glycyrrhiza glabra. Gutgard is enriched with 50 different types of flavonoids.
- OciBest, a clinically tested standardized herbal composition derived from Ocimum tenuiflorum to support stress management.
- AP-Bio, a phytochemical composition from Andrographis Paniculatais clinically effective to manage symptoms of the common cold (Immune Health) at a low dose and is known to provide faster relief.
“As the industry matures and consumer needs change, we are expanding to meet our customer needs with NON-GMO Verified ingredients,” said Suresh Lakshmikanthan, global head of human health business for Natural Remedies. “We are working together with our cultivating partners to expand our Non-GMO supply chain to ensure we can continue to provide multiple choices to our customers. NSF International is providing an important service to help meet the demand for Non-GMO Project verification,” added Lakshmikanthan.
Natural Remedies has contributed to improving the quality of Indian botanicals with active participation in the preparation of analytical monographs for various international pharmacopeias. Natural Remedies is also a leading manufacturer and supplier of phytochemical reference standards from Indian medicinal plants, which are being used for quality and research purposes globally.
Natural Remedies human health care products provide quality combined with perfected expertise while offering global clients a one-stop-shop fulfilling all their requirements of quality health supplements and formulation ingredients.
AIDP, Inc., a frontrunner in functional ingredients with a focus on extensively researched products is the exclusive distributor of Natural Remedies branded ingredients in North America.