While Nitrosigine has been clinically shown to increase nitric oxide levels, energy levels, mental acuity and focus without the use of stimulants, the effects of Nitrosigine intake on heart rate and blood pressure had not been evaluated until now. Other energy-stimulating ingredients such as caffeine, bitter orange, and guarana have been shown to increase heart rate, blood pressure, insomnia, nervousness, and restlessness. This evaluation of Nitrosigine was conducted to determine if the ingredient could be used without any negative cardiovascular side effects.
In one double-blind, placebo-controlled, clinical study, 16 male subjects received either Nitrosigine 1500 mg or placebo daily for 4 days. Results showed that while energy levels increased in the Nitrosigine group as compared to placebo, there were no significant changes in heart rate or systolic and diastolic blood pressure versus placebo at any measured time point. In a separate double-blind, placebo-controlled, clinical study, 12 male subjects received either Nitrosigine 1500 mg or placebo daily for 14 days. Again, results showed that there were no significant changes in heart rate or systolic and diastolic blood pressure between the two groups. These data points show that Nitrosigine intake at daily doses of 1500mg does not induce elevations in heart rate or blood pressure, neither after short or long term use.
James Komorowski, MS, CNS, chief science officer of Nutrition 21 commented, “We are excited to present the results from two separate placebo-controlled clinical studies, both of which show that Nitrosigine safely increases energy levels without negative cardiovascular side effects. The results of these clinical studies corroborate the wealth of data that support the positive effects of Nitrosigine use.”
Consumer benefits shown to be directly linked to Nitrosigine supplementation include:
- Boosts key factors for increasing blood flow (results compared to baseline)
- Significantly improves mental acuity and processing speed by 33% within 15 minutes
- Increases muscle volume (results compared to baseline)
- Reduces muscle damage from exercise
- Increases energy quickly and safely
- Provides a safe, bioavailable source of arginine and silicon
- Significantly increases silicon levels for up to 1.5 hours
- Significantly enhances blood arginine levels for up to 6 hours (results compared to baseline)