The DSM Innovation Partnering Conference is sponsored by DSM’s Human Nutrition & Health unit and will be held at DSM’s North American headquarters in Parsippany, NJ, on June 25-26, 2014. Finalists will be announced by May 14, 2014 and invited to the conference.
DSM is seeking entries for innovative technologies and products in the following areas:
- Memory enhancing ingredients
- Cognition enhancing ingredients for children
- Ingredients providing sustained energy benefits
- Blood glucose lowering ingredients
- New fibers with digestive health benefits
- Natural colorants and natural antioxidants
- Dietary solutions for food intolerances (e.g., for fructose, salicylates etc.) and allergies
- Disruptive formulation technologies for micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, carotenoids, PUFA’s, phytonutrients, and dietary enzymes)
- Non-invasive diagnostics to assess levels of micronutrients in the human body
Each company will be assigned mentors from Nutrition Capital Network (NCN) and DSM to help develop their presentation prior to the conference. Post-event mentoring from a DSM executive will be available on a case-by-case basis and all selected candidates will be considered for an investment by DSM Venturing or for another type of collaboration with DSM Human Nutrition and Health.
A selection committee of DSM and NCN executives will evaluate and interact with applicants to determine the invited companies
Presenters will likely fall into two groups:
- Early Stage Companies = 1 – 3 years to commercialization
- Seed Stage Companies > 3 years to commercialization