The new line features five flavors: Honey Smoked BBQ, Honey Mustard, Roasted Jalapeño, Hickory Smoked and Thai Sweet Chili.
“As a team, we found ourselves craving bold, savory flavored snacks, but were disappointed with the options available today as almost all of them are void of positive nutrition,” said Daniel Lubetzky, Founder and CEO of KIND. “We set out to fix that by crafting savory snacks that deliver on both health and taste. It took us years to crack the code and develop Strong & Kind. The new line delivers strong, bold flavors from nutritionally-rich ingredients that people can feel good about eating.”
Strong & Kind is made from a foundation of whole almonds, seeds and legumes, and the five flavor varieties include:
- Honey Smoked BBQ – A smoky-sweet mix of cayenne chili and clove with a hint of cinnamon
- Honey Mustard – A mouth-watering blend of mustard seed, chipotle chili and turmeric finished with smooth honey
- Roasted Jalapeño –A spicy union of jalapeño chilies, onions and garlic
- Hickory Smoked – A robust mixture of onions, garlic and sea salt smoked over hickory wood
- Thai Sweet Chili – An exotic fusion of ginger, coriander, cinnamon, jalapeño and basil
"As a pro athlete, I know it can be easy to focus on trash talk and negativity,” said Durant. “Kindness can sometimes be mistaken for weakness, but I want to change that perception. The reality is that it takes a lot of strength to be kind.”
In conjunction with the movement, KIND and Durant are looking for one million people to join them in taking the STRONG & KIND pledge to support a $1 million donation from KIND to the Kevin Durant Charity Foundation. The donation will be used to create programming for at-risk youth to teach them how to be Strong & Kind.