OmniActive will officially launch its PlantActive verification program at SupplySide West Booth 3765. The PlantActive verification program is part of OmniActive’s Improving Lives Foundation, which represents the company’s commitment to fostering positive change for the communities, customers and consumers impacted by its products and practices. PlantActive verification ensures end-to-end identity, quality, sustainability and traceability across the value supply chain and is built on the principles of:
- Identity Assurance: Rigorous testing for authenticity of raw materials and characterization of both actives and bioactivities.
- Quality Assurance: Complying with current and emerging global regulatory requirements and ensuring traceability from farm to finished product.
- Sustainability Assurance: Fostering environmental and economic sustainability for all our stakeholders and mitigating factors that impact soil conditions, water resources and the environment.
“We want to mitigate any issues customers may face as they navigate the ever-changing regulatory landscape. PlantActive verification is part of our broader initiatives to drive positive change in manufacturing practices as well as within the communities and farmers that support our industry,” said Chaitanya Desai, COO, OmniActive Health Technologies. “Through this program, we ensure that our ingredients meet the current and evolving quality standards our brand partners expect.”
Improving Lives Foundation
OmniActive’s Improving Lives Foundation—the company’s most ambitious corporate responsibility project—focuses on improving the health of small farming communities and promoting gender equality in rural India. Through regional community- and school-level nutrition and hygiene programs, OmniActive’s Improving Lives Foundation focuses on several key areas, including:
- Protection and improvement of vision
- Improved nutrition to help farmers and their families meet their nutritional needs
- Improved sanitation and clean water systems as well as guidance on healthy hygiene practices
- Promotion of gender equality and empowering women to become agents of change within their communities through education as well as preventative and corrective healthcare
“Small farming is very much possible, and given proper support, can uplift whole communities,” said Sanjaya Mariwala, managing director of OmniActive Health Technologies. “We believe that the natural products industry is filled with passionate, forward thinkers who hold the same values we do, and we are excited to share our latest corporate social responsibility efforts with them.”
In-Booth Tasting Station
At SupplySide West, OmniActive will also host an in-booth tasting station and showcase Lutemax 2020 gummies. The tasting bar is a free attendance attraction that allows participants to experience first-hand the latest functional foods and beverages.
OmniActive will showcase a variety of functional beverages and prototypes featuring Lutemax 2020 Lutein and Zeaxanthin Isomers, Capsimax Capsicum Extract, the UltraSOL line of curcumin ingredients including CurcuWIN Curcumin with Enhanced Absorption, OmniLean Salacia Extract and Gingever High Potency Ginger Extract.