Elite One Source Nutritional Services
In 1997 a group of investors established Nutritional Laboratories International in Lolo, Montana. Nutritional Laboratories or NLI was originated as a contract manufacturer of capsules and tablets, as we are today, providing quality product to its customers. The company grew and eventually moved manufacturing and offices to the current 3rd Street location in 2002 while retaining packaging in the Lolo location. Ownership of the company has changed hands several times, with the current owners, Ampersand Capital Partners, purchasing NLI in 2015 and changing the company name to Elite One Source Nutritional Services.
Elite One Source is committed to providing its customers not only the flexibility of both small and large batch sizes of tablets and capsules, but also unique packaging capabilities not frequently available in the industry. Elite One Source offers a suite of services included but not limited to, product formulation and specification development, precise ingredient sourcing, extensive in-house laboratory testing, and industry-leading regulatory compliance and documentation.
The Materials Manager is responsible for ensuring that materials arrive within the financial objective and required time frames to meet customer demands. This position will collaborate with other cross functional teams focused on sales, product design & development, and production. This individual will foster supply chain best practices and fully utilize supplier’s capabilities to maximize the economic value to the enterprise. The individual in this position will present a positive image of the organization while facilitating general communication and flow of information to all suppliers regarding production needs, problems, and recommended solutions. This role in collaboration with QA/QC is responsible for evaluating, approving, and monitoring 3rd party suppliers and manufacturers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Condition of employment requires knowledge and conformance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) as applicable to the position
- Ensure the quality and timely delivery of purchased items in support of production schedules and customer demands
- Communicate with Sales and Marketing on a regular basis to review new orders, forecasts and shipping needs for customers.
- Manage all personnel and activities within or related to the purchasing department.
- Control and set MRP dates for the delivery of raw materials to satisfy customer timelines and help create a smooth and consistent Production schedule.
- Manage Purchase Order process, including issuance and modification of POs
- Orchestrate off-site production (PWOs) and manage inventory levels at 3rd party contractors
- Maintain risk mitigation strategy for key components and suppliers
- Network with suppliers and issue CAPA where appropriate for all quality related issues
- Effectively manage inventory levels to meet budget guidelines and goals established by executive team
- Assist with the development and maintenance of a strategic sourcing plan that leverages supplier’s processes, designs, materials, and costs.
- Develop supplier evaluation procedures and share evaluations with key suppliers
- Consistently evaluate new supplier opportunities as part of the strategic sourcing plan
- Network with product design and development to maximize organizational resources while delivering an outstanding product that exceeds customer’s expectations
- Be the subject matter expert and single point of contact for all procurement related activities
- Ensure data integrity and accuracy of raw material and finished good data settings
- Manage all exhausted material and code obsolete materials
- Uses inventory management methods and procedures to identify, develop and implement continuous improvement projects such as consignment, outsourcing, and consolidation
- Assist in the development and implementation of solutions to problems potentially affecting the flow of materials and support of customers
- Conducts root cause analysis for supply chain performance issues and assists with the necessary changes to resolve chronic failures
- BA/BS in Business, Operations or Supply Chain
- 5-8 years previous purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment
- Active APICS and ISM certification desired
- Demonstrated lean techniques with continuous improvement training and implementation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint)
- Previous MAPICS experience required
- Working knowledge of cGMPs and MRP
- Thorough understanding of supply chain concepts and their financial impact (inventory turns, cash flow, and working capital)
- Quality and regulatory agency requirements; (importing, exporting, labeling etc.)
- Effective inventory planning and scheduling techniques
- Outstanding negotiating skills with the ability to present win-win results
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Maintain excellent relationships with internal and external personnel at all levels
- A proven track record in cost analysis and delivery of real cost reductions
- Focused on objectives, with an emphasis on quality, accuracy and attention to detail
- Possess excellent problem solving skills and able to work efficiently in a multi-tasked environment