ProThera®, Inc., a subsidiary company of Soho Flordis International Pty Ltd, manufactures a complete line of nutraceutical products from the brands healthcare professionals trust and recommend with confidence. Our products are designed for clinical application and are available exclusively through healthcare professionals.
We have a reputation for providing high quality service and an exceptional product offering. With active expansion plans and significant ongoing projects, we are seeing substantial growth and offering an exciting and fast moving environment in which to work.
Product Development Formulator
Your new role
Based in Reno, Nevada, our company seeks an experienced Product Development Formulator who is responsible for formulating products, ensuring that formulations meet label claims, regulatory compliance, technical and manufacturing requirements, and most importantly, customer expectations.
We are looking to fill this role immediately.
- Develop formulations for a variety of oral solid dosage and delivery forms (i.e., capsules, tablets, powders).
- Work with Quality Control lab supervisor to review and approve stability protocols, and prepare lab testing samples.
- Work with Product Development Manager and Purchasing to source Raw Materials that meet quality and regulatory standards and are competitively priced.
- Work with Purchasing and Regulatory Affairs to qualify vendors and raw materials.
- Monitor, evaluate and summarize results of stability studies.
- Perform process improvement projects and analyze formulas for reformulation.
- Work with Product Development Manager to create rework procedures, Master Formulas, and Batch Production Records.
- Assist Manufacturing with processing and throughput goals for overall product improvement.
- Provide technical support to Operations by establishing the requirements for batch manufacturing and overseeing the execution of any required studies.
- Coordinate and execute bench, pilot, manufacturing scale-up and verification batches.
- Assist Product Development Manager in custom quotes.
Positive, can do attitude! We are looking for someone who has a “can do” attitude and is solution oriented. You will have achieved a B.S. degree or equivalent in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Food Science, Chemical Engineering or a related field, with at least two years of industry formulation development experience.
What you will get in return
This is an exceptionally good time to join this rapidly expanding business. You will be able to directly contribute to the company’s strategic goals. You will receive a competitive base salary plus benefits including health, dental and vision insurance; company-paid short- and long-term disability insurance; access to our Employee Assistance Program; and the ability to participate in our 401k plan, which includes a company match.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
You will have the capability to use sound judgment to make decisions, communicate effectively with cross-functional teams, analyze data, and to ensure timely completion of projects.